From elevators to mascot products, Chinese companies are gaining a higher degree of exposure at international sports events.
Products of World Cup mascot Zabivaka are all made by a Chinese manufacturer
Chinese football fans have bought more than 40,000 tickets for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the 9th biggest buyer among their global peers, according to the Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA).
Other Chinese elements, such as sponsors, will also be present at the sporting event. According to statistics, of the 17 World Cup sponsors, five are Chinese companies including phone maker VIVO, Mengniu Dairy and Hisense.
Chinese enterprises have changed the previous situation in which U.S. and Japanese companies were the only sponsors of such events as the Olympic Games and World Cup.
A Chinese enterprise named Fude is the only authorized foreign manufacturer and seller of World Cup mascots outside of Russia. The silver commemorative coins of the World Cup are also made by a Chinese manufacturer.
Silver commemorative coins of the World Cup
- FIBA 3x3 Asia Cup Qualifying Dr...
- Dongguan libraries serve 33,000...
- "Bird Color" unveiled at London...
- Experience Ancient Times: Visit...
- Survey of Foreign Investment En...
- Dongguan Restrooms Highly Praised
- “Dongguan Blue” over Guancheng!
- King of Tonga visits Dongguan
- Dongguan’s Best Flower Spots
- Foreigners Dance with Lions!