Dongguan's GDP rises 20.4% in Q1
2021-05-07 14:40     Source : Dongguan Today


The Municipal Statistics Bureau of Dongguan announced the city's economic performance in the first quarter of 2021 on April 26. In the first three months of 2021, Dongguan's GDP figure reached 235.8 billion RMB, up 20.4% year-on-year and 4.8 % on average over the past two years. Data show that Dongguan's economy continued to recover and had a good start in the first quarter.

In this period, the added value of industrial enterprises above designated size in Dongguan was 101.256 billion RMB, up 30.9% year-on-year. The added value of the five pillar industries was 67.862 billion RMB, up 34.1%; among them, the electronic information manufacturing industry contributed nearly half, with an added value of 31.639 billion RMB, up 27.1%. Dongguan's emerging service industry maintained high growth, showing a strong momentum of development.

In the first quarter, Dongguan's total retail sales of consumer goods were 112.224 billion RMB, up 34.6% year-on-year.

In terms of investment in fixed assets, Dongguan still maintained a high growth momentum. In the first quarter, the city’s investment in fixed assets grew by 38.8% year-on-year, which was 25.2% over the same period of 2019.

In terms of foreign trade, in the first quarter, the city's total imports and exports volume was 321.6 billion RMB, up 28.6% year-on-year. Among them, exports were 191.2 billion RMB, up 28% over the same period of 2020, and 10.8% over the same period of 2019; imports 130.4 billion RMB, up 29.5% and 9.1% over the same period of 2020 and 2019, respectively. The trade structure continued to be optimized. In this period, general trade imports and exports rose by 17.5% year-on-year, accounting for 40.8% of the city's total imports and exports; that of bonded logistics rose by 58.3%, accounting for 23.2% of the city's total imports and exports.

Editor: 谭晶